Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's been a while

2.27.2009-Day 58
Today, TJ had an appointment all the way up in Heber city, so he asked if I wanted to join him. I was really excited to go, so we asked my MIL (mother-in-law) to watch the boyz.  She is always so good to do this kind of thing for us!!  While TJ was in his appointment I read in the car-it was so nice and peaceful!  Then we went shopping at the outlet malls in Park City-hence the photo.  I haven't bought perfume or lotions like this in close to a year...maybe more!!  It was kinda fun to buy these things, a luxury that is not happening so much anymore.  Anyway, after shopping, we went to dinner at this great new Mexican place, got an expansion pack for our new fav game Carcassone (we're total nerds, we have medieval clothes and everything-I'm KIDDING!) and then went home and got the kids.  It was a great night to spend with my sweetie and I love being sans the kids every once in a while.

2.26.2009-Day 57
I got aNOTHER package in the mail (Amazon LOVES me right now!) with these two books in it. I am tired of fighting with Drew.  We argue constantly...scratch that, HE argues constantly.  I need to know what I can do differently to stop the screaming and yelling from me (then maybe we can think about kid no. 3 eh?) and the constant punishment for Drew.  I actually have ordered one more, hopefully it will come soon.  I just hope TJ can keep up.  He's not so much a reader...

2.25.2009-Day 56
Today I got a package from UPS with a new DVD for Cam inside.  The new DVD is a potty training show that will hopefully inspire (?) the desire (wow, I really didn't mean to rhyme there!) to use the toilet.  Frankly, I'm just plain SICK of changing diapers, plus the kid seems really interested.  

2.24.2009-Day 55
I've been looking all over the internet for some classes that I could take for photography and/or photoshop.  I found some free ones that are offered at pictureline downtown and they're free!  I went to my first one today and learned some new things.  It was a very basic class, but being self taught, the more and more I can hear the basic concepts, the better (hopefully) I'll learn about photography.  I've already signed up for 3 more classes and am really excited to expand my learning!

2.23.2009-Day 54
The night before I had gone to Celine Dion and so I was so tired on Monday.  We dinked around all morning because I didn't really want to do anything.  The boys wanted to ride bikes, but living on the corner of a VERY busy road, I have to find other ways...so I brought a bike inside (we already have an inside bike/car/thing with wheels).  The only rule was, they had to stay on the tile in the kitchen-I'm really hoping we can get a fence soon!!  After the boys had been playing for a while, I realized that I could practice panning to show motion in my photos...I still have a lot to learn...I like this picture ok, I wish Cam was in a little better focus.  Maybe I should've used my flash.  Dad, what do you think?

2.22.09-Day 53
Sunday-we alternate going to dinner every Sunday with both of our families.  This week we went to my parents house.  My mom (grammy) had spent the morning setting up the train track for the boys...plus there was a new remote control train.  The boys were in HEAVEN!  Drew is the king (self appointed) of all of the trains and Cam gets in trouble when he messes things up, so he is generally banished to the sidelines.  I love how he looks on in this picture...he loves his toot-toots :)

2 comments:

  1. Lind's my great photographer daughter...the thing about motion or panning is that the subject may not be in focus. Lends to the motion look. I like the photo of cam. True he is a little out of focus but in this case it works.
    LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazing at this project. I'm not...and that is an understatement to say the least. But, your photos are making me feel guilty so I'll have to start again. I'd totally be into taking some of those classes with you too if you want a buddy.

    ReplyDelete